DON’T MISS THE 2016 BIG TEN CONFERENCE CAREER EXPO!
WHEN: Thursday, March 10, 2016
WHERE: Union Station, Downtown Indianapolis
With the return of the Big Ten Women’s and Men’s Basketball Tournaments to Indianapolis, the Big Ten Conference Career Expo returns as well. The event will once again be held during the Men’s Tournament from 9 AM – 2 PM on Thursday, March 10, 2016.
The Expo is a unique opportunity for employers to connect with students and alumni from all 14 prestigious universities that make up the Big Ten. Conference members are University of Illinois, Indiana University, University of Iowa, University of Maryland, Michigan State University, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, University of Nebraska, Northwestern University, Ohio State University, Penn State University, Purdue University, Rutgers University, and the University of Wisconsin. This event is an integral part of Indianapolis’ commitment to help the Big Ten use its annual tournaments to celebrate the Conference, its member institutions and the successful integration of academics and athletics that the schools have achieved.
The Expo is open to both students and alumni from the 14 Big Ten schools seeking internships, permanent employment or recent college graduates looking to make a job change. Of participating employers, 83 percent at the last Expo indicated they would follow-up with and hire people they met.
EXPO DETAILS FOR STUDENTS
- Free to attend!
- Open only to Big Ten students and alumni
- Cyber cafe for students and alumni – career counselor professionals will be available to give you points on interviewing and offer suggestions on how to make improvements to your resume which you can then edit and print on computers and printers provided in the cafe
- Free breakout session – The Sporting Life: Careers in Sports
- Register online to attend and be entered in drawing for a new iPad
- Reduced ticket prices for Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament (current students only and available through university ticket offices)
During the Expo, there will be a breakout session focused on careers in sports. The session runs during the Expo from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Past panels have included executives from Pacers Sports & Entertainment, the Indiana Sports Corp, local television journalists, representatives from the Big Ten Conference and many others. Attendance is free.